Q: Who is eligible to apply to the ASHMP?
A: The ASHMP approves both educational programs and practitioners. We accept applications from:
1) Educational institutions or organizations that have at least two people on staff, and provide education in holistic and/or metaphysical subjects, either online, locally, or both may apply. It is required that you have an updated, working website. (See Standards). Examples of subjects that qualify under the umbrella of holistic/metaphysical may include: general metaphysics, Metaphysical Science, psychic development, Reiki and other energy healing modalities, aromatherapy, hypnosis, cranial-sacral therapy, the human energy system, kinesiology, homeopathy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), EFT, life coaching, paranormal and parapsychology courses, and others.
2) Practitioners/ professionals in one or more of the following areas:
- Reiki or other energy healing modalities
- Cranial Sacral therapy
- Hypnotists/Hypnotherapists, NLP, EFT
- Life coaches
- Metaphysical authors, speakers, workshop leaders, and teachers
- Psychics / Spirit Mediumship
- Oracle and Tarot card reading
- Medical Intuition
- Past life regression
- Trauma release
- Spiritual advice
- Feng Shui
- Consciousness and existence research
- Near-Death research
- Psi researchers
And others (contact us if you would like to know if your specialty is eligible).
Q: Will my approval ever expire?
A: Organizations and practitioners receive approval for two years. At the end of the two years, you may apply for renewal, at a renewal fee of $125. It’s important that our listings are current, and that those who are approved by the ASHMP are still upholding the Standards. Upon application for renewal, our staff will again perform due diligence and make sure that all is in order according to the Standards of the ASHMP. You will receive notice of your renewal or items needing correction within 48 hours of application.
Q: How much is the application fee?
A: The application fees are $155 for practitioners, and $219 for educational programs. These fees are good for 2014. Starting January 1, 2015, fees revert to the regular fee level of $197 for practitioners and $249 for organizations.
Q: How long will it take until I know I’m approved?
A: We will respond to your application within two business days.
Q: What happens if my application is not approved? Can I reapply?
A: If your application is not approved, we will refund your application fee, minus a $10 research and processing remittance. We will provide a report highlighting specific points that influenced our decision, in order to give you the opportunity to correct them. You may reapply any time after 90 days, provided you have responded to the points we specified in our report.
Q: Where may I use the ASHMP Seal of Excellence and Certificate?
A: You may proudly display the ASHMP Seal of Excellence, which will be emailed to you upon acceptance, on your website(s), marketing materials, business cards, brochures, flyers, or any promotional materials related to your educational program (for organizations) or practice (for practitioners). You may display your ASHMP Certificate, which will be sent in the mail, in your place of business. It will fit in a certificate frame, and will serve to show your clients and students that you uphold the highest standards in holistic and metaphysical practice.